Saturday, January 16, 2010

Languages

Posted by 。:*・゚❤Kiria❤゚・*:。 at 1:20 PM

I’ve noticed a lot of people are so damn surprised when they learn I am almost fluent in 3 languages.

I am of course fluent in English and I am also fluent in Korean. I would say I’m fluent in Japanese if I could read and write perfect and knew all the characters in their alphabet.

I really want to learn Mandarin or Cantonese though. If I do learn one of these languages it will make reading and writing Japanese a lot easier for me because in Japanese a lot of Chinese characters are used.

Someone told me that I should learn Mandarin first if I want to learn Cantonese because it will be easier for me to pick it up.

But yea I still don’t know why people are so surprised to find out that I can speak more than just English.

I believe it’s like very important to know more than one language especially now.

Now I really regret not taking French, or Spanish or something in school. I know that even if I pick up Cantonese or Mandarin now I probably won’t ever be completely fluent in it.

If I ever have kids I want them to be fluent it more than one language for sure. I would definitely teach them English, Korean, and Japanese. At least just the basics so if they ever want to really pick it up they could do it easily.

And I want to marry someone and have kids with someone who is fluent in languages that I don’t know because I want them to be able to teach our kids something valuable too. But obviously we need to have a fluent language in common so we can communicate. ><

But of all languages I think English is the simplest other than those random tricks in the English language. They have the smallest alphabet.

Even though I hear all the time that I don’t have any kind of Asian accent when I talk, when I speak Korean or Japanese I can definitely talk with that Korean and Japanese accent. So I don’t sound like someone who just randomly learned the language.

계속 까먹다가 지금 생각 나서 말해준다. わたし は たいくつ しています.

유 라이크 미 ><

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kiria Copyright 2010 © Web Design by suckmylolly.com
© σ я ι g ι η α ℓ █║▌│█│║█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│ © KΛWΛÍÍ